Paul Sagan won Stage 2 of the 2012 Tour of California with another impressive sprint to finish the day. He had no mechanical trouble on Monday, as he led the pack coming around the final bend before turning on the jets and pulling away from Heinrich Haussler, who for the second straight day came in second.
The pair of Pennsylvanians riding in the Tour once again finished well back of the leaders. Mark Zwizanski of West Chester came in at 5:16:01 over the 42-mile course, over 14 minutes off Sagan's winning time. Pittsburgh's Michael Friedman finished with the last pack of riders at 5:16:45. Optum Pro Cycling is still off to a slow start, though Alexander Candelario was able to come in with the first group of riders all earning times of 5:02:00.
Here are the Top 10 riders after two stages.
1. Peter Sagan, Liquigas-Cannondale in 9:44:15
2. Heinrich Haussler, Garmin-Barracuda at :08
3. Leigh Howard, Orica-GreenEdge :13
4. Jeffry Louder, UnitedHealthcare at :14
5. Fred Rodriguez, Exergy at :16
6. Ben Jacques-Maynes, Bissell at :16
7. Marc De Maar, UnitedHealthcare at :17
8. Markel Irizar Aranburu, RadioShack-Nissan at :19
9. Joshua Atkins, Bontrager-Livestrong at :19
10. Greg Van Avermaet, BMC Racing at :20