There was pretty big news today on the business side of the NFL as the league announced that Nike will become their official uniform provider after Reebok's contract is up next season. Reebok had held the NFL license for the past decade, so this is a huge coup for Nike.
You might want to get rid of some of your Reebok stock and pick up some Nike...
The NFL also announced new agreements with partners like New Era, 47 brand, Under Armour and more for their official headwear ect. After the jump is a full list of the NFL apparel partners and what they'll be making.
· Nike will be the official uniform provider and will produce all on-field apparel including game uniforms and base layer, as well as sideline personnel apparel and fan gear.
· New Era will be the official on-field headwear supplier and will produce headwear for the sidelines and for fans.
· Under Armour will continue as the official sponsor of the NFL Scouting Combine. Under Armour will outfit Combine participants and also offer Combine apparel beginning in 2012.
· GIII will continue as a key apparel partner manufacturing fan gear, including outerwear and lifestyle collections for men and women.
· VF will continue as a key apparel partner manufacturing fan gear, including t-shirts and fleece.
· Outerstuff will continue as the NFL's youth apparel provider.
· '47 Brand will produce headwear for fans.