As it stands Thursday morning, Pittsburgh holds a three point lead on Philadelphia (104-101) with two games remaining for each club. The finale, as it turns out, is a matchup between the two clubs, with home ice advantage in the playoffs possibly at stake.
That would require a Flyers win against Buffalo on Thursday night, coupled with a Penguins loss against the Rangers.
Here's a look at the entirety of the Eastern Conference standings:
1. New York Rangers (109 points)
2. Boston Bruins (97 points)
3. Florida Panthers (92 points)
4. Pittsburgh Penguins (104 points)
5. Philadelphia Flyers (101 points)
6. New Jersey Devils (98 points)
7. Ottawa Senators (92 points)
8. Washington Capitals (88 points)