If you ever heard comedian/radio host/TV personality/podcaster Adam Carolla rant about the Kentucky Derby, he always points out that half of the horses' names sound like something a guy might refer to his manhood as. So every year I've been testing out his theory and have found it to be pretty much true...
So after the jump we'll go through this years field to see how many qualifying names we've got.
1. Daddy Long Legs - I would say there's no question about this one. Maybe take off the "s?"
2. Optimizer - Not ideal, but I think it works.
3. Take Charge Indy
4. Union Rags
6. Bodemeister - Arguably the best example this year if it weren't for the next one.
7. Rousing Sermon - Oh hell yes.
8. Creative Cause
10. Daddy Knows Best - Did I say Rousing Sermon was the best example this year? I might have been wrong.
11. Alpha - Simple, yet effective.
13. Went The Day Well
16. El Padrino - Ok, I take back what I said about Daddy Knows Best being the best. El Padrino is clearly perfect.
17. Done Talking - Yes.
18. Sabercat - Little weird, but again I say yes.
19. I'll Have Another - Oh yes.
For real analysis of the 2012 Kentucky Derby, be sure to check out our storystream.