The Big Ten Conference only has one remaining undefeated team in the Ohio State Buckeyes after the Penn State Nittany Lions knocked off the Northwestern Wildcats this past weekend.
Northwestern was ranked and looking great at 5-0 before the Nittany Lions grounded them in a convincing 39-28 win. Penn State scored 22 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to pull away, putting them in a tie for the top spot in the Leaders division with Ohio State.
After droppings its first two contests, head coach Bill O'Brien has Penn State looking like a winner.
Despite a massive scare, the Michigan State Spartans were able to beat the Indiana Hoosiers 31-27 on Saturday. The Spartans were trailing 17-0 after the first quarter but rallied in the second half to avoid the upset. Michigan State is now 1-1 in conference play while the Hoosiers fall to 0-2.
Here's a full look at the standings:
- Iowa Hawkeyes(1-0) 3-2
- Michigan Wolverines (1-0) 3-2
- Northwestern Wildcats(1-1) 5-1
- Michigan State Spartans(1-1) 4-2
- Nebraska Cornhuskers(1-1) 4-2
- Minnesota Golden Gophers(0-1) 4-1
- Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) 6-0
- Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) 4-2
- Wisconsin Badgers (1-1) 4-2
- Purdue Boilermakers (0-1) 3-2
- Indiana Hoosiers (0-2) 2-3
- Illinois Fighting Illini (0-2) 2-4